SABR Analytics Conference to be featured on Bloomberg TV's 'Sportfolio'
"Sportfolio", a weekly sports business show hosted by Rick Horrow on Bloomberg Television, spent several days in and around the inaugural SABR Analytics Conference in Arizona and will present a special “Baseball By The Numbers” show as the 2012 MLB season gets set to begin.
The show premiered Wednesday, March 28 at 9 p.m. and midnight ET on Bloomberg TV (DirecTV 353 or check your local cable/satellite provider). It repeats at 9 a.m. ET on Saturday, March 31 and Sunday, April 1.
It will be available to view online after Thursday, March 29 at bloomberg.com/sportfolio.
Included on the show will be some of the biggest and most expansive thinkers in baseball who are spending this spring around the Cactus League:
- Chicago Cubs chairman Tom Ricketts
- Chicago Cubs president Theo Epstein
- Arizona Diamondbacks president/CEO Derrick Hall
- Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim general manager Jerry Dipoto
- Los Angeles Dodgers trainer Stan Conte
- Milwaukee Brewers general mananger Doug Melvin
- SABR president Vince Gennaro
All sit down with Bloomberg to talk about the effect of analytics on the game today and look ahead to what is coming in the business of baseball for the 2012 season.
For more coverage of the SABR Analytics Conference, visit SABR.org/analytics.
This page was last updated March 30, 2012 at 1:42 pm MST.